Wednesday 21 August 2013

Progress Report and Update

A week has passed and it's time to reflect and update members and recipients of the project information:


To members:

Thank you for returning your Welcome forms. The reaction from bio-diversity officers and green space managers across the country has certainly given this project the thumbs up, so what was an idea is now a robust and expanding network. I did not honestly think I would be reporting this after just one week.

This means that I can now go back to all of the national wildlife organisations, behind the ground-breaking STATE OF NATURE report. 

For each organisation I shall be offering the network as a source for distributing and increasing the uptake of their National Surveys.

I shall also be obtaining information from these organisations as to which habitats, species and other areas (for example data on historical woodland management events) we need more information on, so that we can help them with their work

I shall be obtaining information from biodiversity officers, as to what help we can provide in terms of filling gaps in records, and creation of standardized repeat surveys.

I shall also in due course be requesting information from the archives of member sites. Don't worry, this will be in simple form and for the non-resourced bloggers and patch watchers on our network, it can be submitted on-line so there are no costs involved.

Thank you to all our membership for adopting this initiative so swiftly.

To those who have received Welcome Forms:

Please send them back as soon as possible. Any queries please do not hesitate to e-mail me.Where multiple sites are managed, blogged or watched, please submit a separate form for each site.

You will be warmly welcomed to the network and your involvement really will make a difference to the state of nature in the U.K and will help to meet bio-diversity management objectives.

To those who have received details introducing the Moving Mountains Nature Network:

Thank you to all the customer service teams across the country. To have relayed the information or sign-posted me so swiftly is a great credit to you all. Thank you.

If you have received the information and support this project, please email me with details of your sites or contacts and I will issue your welcome forms. I have amended my own objectives as a result of the initial response to this initiative. It would be great now, if we can reach a membership of 500 by the time the national wildlife organisations have informed me as to how this network can specifically help them.

Please spread the word. With your help, we really can make a difference.

Thank you for taking the time to go through my submission.

For those who have yet to receive information regarding the Moving Mountains Nature Network:

I would estimate that I have only circularized, perhaps 3% of the U.K's points of contact in regard to our green spaces so far, and an even smaller amount of bloggers and patch-watchers, which really does show the potential for this network.

If you have stumbled across this site or heard about the project on the grape-vine, all information regarding the network is here, including how to join in.

With the exception of one individual, who sadly purports to cover the area where I watched wildlife as a child, all responses have been either positive or constructive, but in all cases it has been gratefully received.

Thank you all, you give so much light to a new dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment